We know how vital it is to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. That is because we know how important water is to our body. We cannot live without water. And drinking a lot of water has numerous benefits for us. But what if you add another healthful food to your water, let say lemon? Now, shouldn’t that be even more beneficial? Here are some benefits of drinking water with lemon.
Health benefits of lemon
Lemon has many medicinal properties.
• Antiseptic – Lemon prevents sepsis (the buildup of pathogenic bacteria) and/or putrefaction (the decomposition of tissues).
• Anti-scorbutic – Lemon is a remedy that prevents diseases and assists in cleaning the body of impurities.
• Pro-digestion – Lemon has digestive properties that relieve some symptoms of indigestion, like heartburn and bloating. It also aids in eliminating waste, preventing diarrhea and constipation.
Health benefits of lemon water
Almost everyone can benefit from the goodness that lemon water brings. The only people who cannot enjoy this highly nutritious drink would be those that have allergies to lemon and have active ulcers. Everyone else can appreciate the following health benefits:
• Liver Benefits – Lemon water is an excellent liver stimulant. It also helps control the flow of excess bile by liquefying the bile. Lemon water also provides a natural strengthening agent to liver enzymes when they get too dilute. It also helps fix the levels of oxygen and calcium in the liver which eventually affects the oxygen levels in the blood. Drinking warm lemon water an hour before breakfast is highly recommended for liver complaints.
• Digestive Benefits – Lemon water aids in the process of digestion and elimination. Drinking lemon water regular has positive effects on the gastrointestinal tract. The lemon juice is acidic in nature and so it aids in breaking down the food, relieving the symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, bloating, and belching. Lemon water also aids in the proper elimination of wastes, preventing diarrhea and constipation. A properly functioning digestive system is highly beneficial as the absorption of nutrients from the food that we consume is more efficient. And all that can be achieved by just mixing a teaspoon of lemon juice to half a glass of water.
• Immunity Boost – Lemon water has an alkalizing effect in the body so bacteria and viruses causing colds and flu that thrive in acidic environment can no longer live. Lemon water also has antibacterial properties that help control the growth of bacteria in our body. Gargling lemon water is also a good remedy for sore throats.
• Skin Care – Lemon water rejuvenates the skin from within, making you glow. It also has anti-aging properties, removing wrinkles. Plus, it can remove blackheads. Lemon water may also be applied to burns to soothe the burning sensation and to fade scars.
• Weight Loss – Because it aids in proper digestion, lemon water also aids in losing weight.
• Purifies Blood
• Respiratory Benefits – Lemon water aids in curing respiratory problems. It also makes breathing easier.
• Controls Bleeding
• Aids in Lowering Blood Pressure
• Prevents Kidney Problems – Lemon water dissolves kidney stones as well as gall stones, calcium deposits, and pancreatic stones.
• Child Development – In pregnancy, lemon water aids in building strong bones in the baby.
Lemon water has a lot of benefits. And you can enjoy all of these benefits by just squeezing half a lemon into a glass of water and taking this two times daily.